#112. Dani Kahil interviews Paddy Byrne about the Power Platform's role in enabling Scotland's new recycling scheme for single-use drinking containers.
Scots people are famous for being careful with their money so I imagine any program to pay them for recycling containers was always going to be a big hit.
Learn about Paddy's Power Platform team:
- Meeting public-sector's accessibility and security requirements with a custom web portal rather than Power Apps Portals.
- Internal project team of a functional consultants, project manager/scrum master, and business analyst; and a client project team with an architect and testers.
- Challenges of using Scrum for the first time for two teams.
- How do you gather requirements for a brand new application with no users or processes?
- Dealing with the customer's hands-off product owner.
- Working to a fixed-date release determined by government legislation.
- Handling requirements written by people that don't have a lot of experience working with Power Platform applications.
- Using Miro to help refine the user stories and provide developers with visual understanding.
- Structuring requirements into epics, user stories and tasks in ad-hoc backlog refinement workshops.
- Testing within the sprint and releasing to a test environment for the internal portal development team to build on.
- Resolving schema changes during the development and managing the downstream impact on the portal developers.
- Fixing bugs in the application as they arrive in the product backlog.
- Creating FastTrack solution blueprints -- is it a good idea for small projects?
- Value of setting expectations early and building a high performing team as soon as possible using Tuckman's forming-storming-norming-performing model of team development.
- Transparency and industry expertise of a passionate product owner.
Winning Agile ProjectsSupport the show
Winning Agile Projects is a five-week program for 10 partner professionals involved in Dynamics 365 and Power Platform sales, pre-sales, practice leaders, architects and analysts that will help them qualify agile opportunities, pitch the benefits of an agile approach, create compelling agile proposals, estimate agile applications and write agile contracts. Apply today: https://customery.com/winning