#9. Neil is joined by Nick Doelman (@ReadyXRM) who shares his experience learning Scrum and applying it to one of his recent Dynamics 365 projects.
During the episode we cover:
- Nick’s background in Dynamics 365 since CRM 1.0 beta
- Some of his recent projects for a community organisation organising summer camps, classic car auctioneer, certification portal for a company in the mining industry, a telecommunications company in the Caribbean, a reinsurance company, and others
- Before starting a large Dynamics 365 implementation, Nick got started with Scrum by taking some online training courses
- Using the Scrum Framework on Pluralsight
- Introduction to Scrum for Dynamics 365 by Neil Benson
- Using planning poker for team estimation of product backlog items
- Finding unicorns and sunshine in the sprint retrospective
- Daily scrums as camaraderie-building check-in for remote teams
- The possibility of using pair programming and other technical practices in Scrum projects
- Using Visual Studio Team Services features such as tags in Scrum projects
- Nick will be presenting three sessions at D365UG Summit in Phoenix in October
Remember to download the Scrum Terms Worksheet for a handy guide to all the Scrum terms you hear in this episode.
Support the show (https://buymeacoffee.com/amazingapps)